Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I am thankful for.....

So today is Thanksgiving and every year I like to take a little time to reflect on all the blessings I have been given. God has done so much for me that it blows my mind. I dont deserve anything He's done for me but am so thankful for it. I think many times we get so caught up in our lives that we focus on the things that arent going our way and forget about the things we have. The Bible says for us to be thankful in ALL things, not just the things we are happy about. I will be the first one to admit that I suck at that one. I can be a real pessimist sometimes. its amazing how humbling it is to sit back and really count your blessings.
First and foremost, I am saved. That is the greatest blessing of all. On top of that, God has given me a wonderful husband, who puts up with me....and there are days that takes ALOT. I have two beautiful children, who drive me crazy some days but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I have a wonderful family and wonderful in-laws. We are all healthy, and happy. My husband knows he will have a job tomorrow, a security alot of people no longer have. We have a warm place to sleep, plenty of food to eat. No one is going hungry here anytime soon. We live in a country, that admittedly has its issues, but is still the greatest country on this earth. I could go on and on and on. What is boils down to is God is so much better to me than I deserve.

No comments: