Thursday, November 27, 2008

If your kids....

This is something that I just thought about and wanted to share. Before i start let me say that I am preaching to myself more than anyone.

How would you react to your children if they acted towards you and your wishes the way we act towards our Heavenly Father? I seen so many Christians that have the mentality of if I dont like it I dont have to do it or it doesnt apply to me. Why? God doesnt ask us if we like something...he TELLS us to do certain things. Not doing them is direct disobedience. If our children out right disobey simply because they dont like what they were told, we punish them. Yet we do the SAME thing to God all the time and wonder why He allows certain things to happen to us. If we went away for the day, and left a list of things for our kids. Things that needed to be done, or that we didnt want them to do, and we came back to only see certain things done, and them doing some of the things we asked them not to do, What would happen? Would we just let is slide when they said they just didnt feel like it or that they didnt feel that it was relevant. hardly. It makes me wonder why we expect our FATHER to let it slide.......

1 comment:

DaCatster said...

Good point, thanks for the input